As a Property Manager, you will essentially run a small business. You will oversee store operations,
supervise employees, manage inventory and promote U-Store to your customers and community. You will maximize sales and profits by using sound business practices to implement the U-Store strategy...all the while setting a standard for customer satisfaction by making your store a model of our company's Core Values - Integrity, Respect, Commitment, Communication, and Appearance. Our Customer's experience is to be unbelievable and unforgettable.
• Operating the store at its highest and best economic occupancy.
• Developing successful sales plans to grow your store's profitability.
• Setting standards and model behavior for optimum customer service.
• Recruiting, training, developing and motivating your employees.
• Promoting U-Store to your customers and community.
• The sale of ancillary products.
• Maintaining the grounds and buildings.
• Safekeeping of all monies, financial records, and management information systems.
The Property Manager position requires the following:
• Minimum 2 years retail experience
• Excellent customer service & sales skills
• High School Diploma or equivalent.
• Driver's License.
• Ability to work with minimum supervision
• Strong communication, people and team leadership skills.
• Desire to be part of a performance driven team.
The Store Manager position requires constant standing and walking. Frequent lifting of roll up doors which weigh up to 40-50 pounds. Other manual tasks include
• Climbing ladders.
• Cutting grass.
• Shoveling snow.
• Climbing of stairs.
• Driving to pick up supplies and to make bank deposits.
• Driving and cleaning Rental Trucks.
• Assisting customers in their move-in.
A manager is expected to work approximately 40-50 hours per week. All hours worked above 40 hours per week will be paid for at one and one-half times the regular hourly rate. Your starting base salary will be discussed later.
We take pride in our hard-working employees by offering competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits plan designed to meet the needs of our diverse employees. Upon employment you will receive a detailed benefits package outlining those benefits specific to you.
For full-time employees, U-Store offers, at no cost, a consumer driven health program. If you elect medical coverage, you also are eligible for prescription drug coverage. A vision plan is available for full-time employees as well.
Dental options are available to full-time employees at no cost.
401(k) Savings Plan
401(k) Plan Savings Plan is available to all employees. The 401(k) Plan allows you to save for your retirement. You will receive a company matching contribution each pay period based on your Contribution rate.
Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Long Term Disability and Life Insurance are available to full-time store employees at no cost.
For full-time employees, U-Store offers paid time off for holidays, vacation, sick time, jury duty and bereavement.
This list of benefits has been provided for your information only. It is not intended to create any contractual obligation on the part of the company and may be changed at any time. If an offer of employment is made, you will be asked to sign an authorization to obtain a background investigation report on your credit, driving, and criminal history. This is in addition to other mandated reporting requirements such as the Federal Employment Eligibility Verification Form I-9.
If you are interested in joining our team, please fax, mail or email your resume.
1611 N Kent, Suite 800
Arlington, Va 22209